Friday, November 5, 2010

November Commuting


This was the view from the bike bridge over the American River, on the Sacramento Northern Bikeway yesterday morning.  I usually head out on my bike just a little after 7am for the eight-mile ride to work.  The whole way in I was riding through postcards.  The sunset just got redder and redder.  Last week's rains have a lot of the sloughs full of still water... which reflected these colors into the bottoms of the trees.  Many of the box elders have lost their leaves now, which opens up new views that haven't seen in a long time.

With the recent rain, I went out and got my bicycle a rain jacket.  The Tempo is now festooned with bright yellow touring fenders which go great with the 80's teal-on-white color scheme.  One of these days I'll get a photo that does the color justice.  It's been nearly 80F this week in the afternoons when I leave work--unseasonably warm.  It seems a sure sign that you can make the rain stop by putting on a rain jacket!

I'm starting to think about my winter rides, what I'll wear, what sort of weather I will make grounds for taking the bus in the morning.  I took the bus a couple days this week because I thought I was getting a cold--even with the perfect cycling weather.  Those couple days were fine but I'm glad to be on the saddle again! 

Next week I'll be out of town.  I will be visiting the old homeland--Northern Indiana and Chicagoland.  Today there is lake-effect snow in LaPorte.  It should hit 75F here in Sacto. 

I'll be in touch when I get back.  Have a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment